Wednesday, April 9, 2008
Dax calls this a white trash cookout, but I just call it fun! I get a little obsessive when I get an idea in my head. I decided that I wanted to go and buy a fire pit and have a cookout in the backyard... NOW! So after hearing my idea for the millionth time, Dax finally gave in and we headed down to Home Depot and bought a fire pit.
We roasted hot dogs, cooked marshmallows, and just sat around and talked! I don't know about everybody else, but I know that Navie and I loved it. We sat around the fire and talked all night and just took it easy. How I see it, you take the best part of camping and bring it into your backyard. So then when you are done, you can jump right into the shower.
As you can see in the first picture, Navie was totally into roasting her hot dog. We tried to get a picture of her face, so serious. She did not want to burn it. She was the same way with the marshmallows, perfect golden brown!
I think we all had a lot of fun! Thanks to my family for coming along with my latest crazy idea! And to my friends, if anyone wants to have a fun and free night that's a little white trash... Come and have a cookout with us!
Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

Erin said...

Look how much fun you guys had! If this is white trash, the we are too! Each year we go to my parents a couple times a week and roast marshmellows and hotdogs on an open fire my dad makes himself out of twigs and wood! :) We for sure should get together to have a "WT cookout"!!

Mitzi said...

I thought it was way fun too! I'll claim white trash, as long as we are white trash together. I loved the smores! Great idea and we have to do it again soon!

Chelle said...

We must be white trash. We had an underground/built in fire pit at our house. Ha Ha. I'm glad we found some white trash friends!! Call us next time you get the bug and we'll head over!

Paige said...

I am definetely white trash...and proud of it! I always look forward to summer for this very reason. There's nothing better then a fire in the back yard and a warm bed just inside. Looks like alot of fun!

Kellie said...

Just last Sunday I told Tyler that I want a fire pit in our backyard! It's so fun to see your dad and Mitzi in the pictures! I've heard that the coconut marshmallows make killer smores!

Kara said...

That looks like a lot of fun. We looked into that and we thought you had to have an enclosed one. Maybe what the city doesn't know won't hurt them! For sure we should all get together and hang out WT style!

Lisa said...

You know that we are WT just like you... that is why we fit so well together. Looks like a lot of fun.

About Me

{email me}

kami_nels [at] hotmail [dot] com

{dax & kami}

{dax & kami}

...{me}...

...{me}...
Hey! I am a mommy of two little ones, Navie (4), and Ridge(1). I have a great hubby, Dax, who works hard at a local software company. I do a little of this, and a lot of that. I work as a computer consultant a couple mornings a week, take a picture or two in my spare time, and make anything that I can! Life is good!

...{a few scrapbook pages}...

{my latest pictures} click the pic

{my latest pictures} click the pic
http://kaminelson.blogspot.com