Friday, August 7, 2009

Okay, so can I confess… I AM FREAKING OUT about Navie going to school.  I NEVER thought that I would be “THAT” type of mom, but I am, I totally am!  We are on the official Kindergarten countdown.  Maybe it’s because she is my oldest, and she is my little buddy, but I am SO sad for her to leave me.  I value our mornings when I don’t work and she doesn’t have anything.  I love the lazy mornings just hanging out. Am I really tearing up just writing about it?!?

Maybe, it’s the fact that she doesn’t “have” to go to Kindergarten, and it’s been a big debate if we should send her this year or next..  For anybody that hasn’t heard me debate about this (is there anybody?) her birthday is right on the border of going to kindergarten this year or next.  I really do believe that she is ready to go right now.  She has always been super mature for her age, and plays well with other kids.  She is reading soo good, and knows more than everything that she should know for Kindergarten, but….  But…. BUT…  I still worry.  I worry that I am making a decision that will affect the rest of her life.  That who knows if she will still be ahead 5 years down the road. The list goes on.  My family tells me even if I hold her back, I will still feel this same way next year… Please tell me that I am not the only one that has gone through this?!?! 

So, I as much as I would like to be in denial that my little girl is actually going, I decided to take her on a special girls day out to get her ready for school! 

She picked lunch… “The popcorn place”  Wingers!  (That’s my girl, it’s my favorite place too!)

 IMG_8317 IMG_8318 IMG_8324 IMG_8328

Then we went to get our nails and toes done.  She chose pink with sparkle tips for her fingers and blue sparkle toes for her feet!  She just ate this part up! IMG_8331

Then we got our shop on!  We hit a TON of stores and got her a ton of cute new school clothes.  We were trying to get a picture of us together…   IMG_8333 IMG_8334 IMG_8337

IMG_8338

Navie, thanks for our first annual girls day out.  I look forward to many, many, many more! 

7 comments:

Paige said...

I'm feel sad just reading this! That has to bee such a weird feeling to let your little girl to to school! she'll do wonderful and if you feel it's right now then it's right. You're a good mom Kami.

Steph said...

Okay Kam, I think I'd feel the totally same way!! You are such an awesome mom, what a fun tradition to start, I may just have to start the same with Selma when she's that age!

Maybe if this'll help my birthday's in October and so I was the youngest youngest in my grade and I've gotta tell ya I loved it! I don't think it held me back at all and I liked that I was younger than all the boys (I know, dumb reason) and it didn't bother me being the youngest of all my friends either. I think it actually helped me to make some of the friends I made that were a grade younger cause I was the same age or younger than some of them. Anyway, I guess I'm just trying to say, if you feel good about it, go for it! Navie is so smart and so mature for her age I think, she'll do so great!!

Morgan Greaves said...

Kami...good luck letting her go! I'm sure you made the right decision. I went early and the only time it stunk was when I got my drivers license almost a year later then everyone else. On the positive side I was in college and done with my associates and was a year younger then everyone else! I sometimes felt like I had more friends because I was in the same grade with my friends, but also the same age as the grade youngher than me! I'm sure it will be okay either way, she's a smarty pants so she is probably READY to go. You are such a cute mom and it looks like you two had such a special and super fun day out!

hoLLY said...

so cute and so fun! can i have a girl next?? please!

Erin said...

Oh Kam...Cooper does not start till next year and I get so sad when I think about it! You are such a good mom! Navie and Ridge are lucky to have you!! I bet she is SO excited for school and although you are not ready for her to leave...I bet she is so ready for her Kindergarten adventure! Good luck!!

Anonymous said...

Kami you are seriously the cutest little mom ever! I hope I can have a relationship with Edyn the same way you and Navie have one!

Jennifer and Jameson said...

How sad! You made me get teared up too! Jaxon starts Kindergarten in 2 weeks too and I think it is a first child thing. It is sad to think about them being thrown into the "real world" and I think that is what makes it so hard. Good luck!

About Me

{email me}

kami_nels [at] hotmail [dot] com

{dax & kami}

{dax & kami}

...{me}...

...{me}...
Hey! I am a mommy of two little ones, Navie (4), and Ridge(1). I have a great hubby, Dax, who works hard at a local software company. I do a little of this, and a lot of that. I work as a computer consultant a couple mornings a week, take a picture or two in my spare time, and make anything that I can! Life is good!

...{a few scrapbook pages}...

{my latest pictures} click the pic

{my latest pictures} click the pic
http://kaminelson.blogspot.com