Thursday, December 2, 2010

So, I think I had the nurse and the receptionist all freaked out when I was taking these pictures.  They had finally gave me the okay to go home, but I hadn’t got any pictures of him in his hospital gear, so I was trying to take them in a hurry.  I couldn’t get the angle that I wanted, so I stood on the chair and was taking them.  They all started freaking out and was worried that I had just had a baby, and was standing on the furniture taking pictures.  She thought I was going to pass out and they were going to have to admit me to the ER next!  LOL…  I assured them I felt fine and continued along taking my pictures!  

043HAWKINS Birth copy copy 045HAWKINS Birth copy copy

 047HAWKINS Birth copy copy044HAWKINS Birth copy copy046HAWKINS Birth copy copy

As anxious as you are to come home while you are at the hospital, I LOVE being there.  I love that life just stops for a few days, and all you have to do is concentrate on this new miracle you have been given.  I love friends and family coming to visit.  I love Dax and I cramming together, sitting on the hospital bed, watching tv just loving our new baby.

 

Coming home!

Cute little Hawkins just waiting to come home.  So he kind of looks like a little thug, but I love it!  I think he looks so cute!

041HAWKINS Birth

049HAWKINS Birth050HAWKINS Birth

048HAWKINS Birth

 

The Big Brother and The Big Sister

051HAWKINS Birth_1

To say that I was worried about how Ridge would adapt to a new baby is an understatement.  He had a couple months of tantrums, and was basically a little stink most of the time.  The month before we had the baby, he finally got out of his funk and was the sweet kid that we remembered.  I just knew that once the attention was on the baby, the terror would return.  Much to our surprise, he has been PERFECT!  Honestly, the best of Ridge has came out.  He is loving and cute.  Out of the blue he says, ”Mom, I like you.”  and gives me a hug and a kiss.  He talks to his brother in the cutest little baby voice, and rushes to him when he cries.  He tells us that he is not ready to sell his baby brother, and he still will tell you that his name is baby train tracks if you ask him!

052HAWKINS Birth

Navie loves her baby brother so very much.  She loves to hold him, and I will find her just laying next to his bouncer and talking to him all the time.  I also found her trying to change his diaper all by herself the other day… I insisted on helping, but thought it was so cute that she wanted to try.  Navie thinks it’s great to make dad change all of the poopie diapers.  She couldn’t wait to make him change all of the “black tar” diapers, and trust me I am not complaining.  She really is so so cute with Hawkins and always wants to make sure he is doing all right!

3 comments:

Maria said...

Kami & Dax- CONGRATULATIONS! Hawkins is adorbale!

Jacque said...

I love his name Kami, I think it fits him. He is so sweet. Congratulations! And the pictures are beautiful.

Lindsey said...

He is so beautiful!! Glad the kids are adjusting so well. But guess what, your face is way to skinny. I'm happy for you though, because that would be so fun to actually look good in the hospital photos. I always end up going home bigger than when I went in. Yeah for you, you look great!

About Me

{email me}

kami_nels [at] hotmail [dot] com

{dax & kami}

{dax & kami}

...{me}...

...{me}...
Hey! I am a mommy of two little ones, Navie (4), and Ridge(1). I have a great hubby, Dax, who works hard at a local software company. I do a little of this, and a lot of that. I work as a computer consultant a couple mornings a week, take a picture or two in my spare time, and make anything that I can! Life is good!

...{a few scrapbook pages}...

{my latest pictures} click the pic

{my latest pictures} click the pic
http://kaminelson.blogspot.com