So we have totally been decking the halls lately. We decorated our Christmas tree the day after thanksgiving. Took ALL of our decorations down, and put all of the Christmas ones in their place. I wasn't feeling it so much this year, but Dax was gung ho and drug me behind him. I was excited to put the tree up, and some of the decorations, but taking down ALL of the normal decorations (including removing two tables from our front room to make room).... man that is just a lot of work. Anybody that has been to my in-laws house, can understand this completely. They have warped my husband into thinking that he "lives" in a winter wonderland. That is how you feel when you enter their house. It is absolutely beautiful, and a lot to follow :).
This year I saw a little article in a magazine and I knew I had to do it.
It's a cute little advent calendar. You buy 24 stockings and count down to Christmas. I stalked the target dollar spot and bought all of these cute little socks. Navie and I made all of the little tags, and hung them on the ribbon. We had so much fun doing the craft together!
Every day there is a cute little surprise for the kids to find. I knew Navie would love this, but I want to tell you SHE LOVES THIS. As we were laying in bed after she got her first prize. She put's her arm around me in a motherly fashion, and gives me a little squeeze. She says, "mom, I LOVE this idea. I really, really,LOVE IT. I think your ideas are FIRST PLACE!"
Did you hear that people, my girl thinks my ideas are FIRST PLACE! So, my advise to all of you, is to RUN to the dollar spot, buy you a bunch of the cute little socks, and at least let your kids count down the twelve days of Christmas! You will never spend a better $20 in your life! It's all about the memories!
The prizes are always small; gold coins, stickers, a Christmas necklace, a card game that we played as a family, and tonight was a date coupon to go get ice cream! We had a good time doing it together too! I am thinking there will be another coupon to go as a family and pick a name off of the angel tree!
About Me
{my picture blog}
{email me}
{dax & kami}
...{me}...
Hey! I am a mommy of two little ones, Navie (4), and Ridge(1). I have a great hubby, Dax, who works hard at a local software company. I do a little of this, and a lot of that. I work as a computer consultant a couple mornings a week, take a picture or two in my spare time, and make anything that I can! Life is good!
{my friends}
- Adam and Kristyn
- Beau and Laci
- Brandon and Kara
- Brett and Diana
- Brian and Lisa
- Brittney and Reggie
- Darcie and Mont
- Derek and Erin
- Heidi and Randy
- Heidi and Randy
- Jacee and Rick
- Jenn and Jameson
- Jenny and Jeff
- Joey and Michelle
- Kara and Cory
- Kenny and Melissa
- Krishell and Nick
- Luke and Jill
- Lynsie & Alan
- Mitzi and Chris
- Morgan
- My Photo Blog
- Nick and Krishel
- Phil and Paige
- Ryan and Jamie
- Ryan and Jen
- Sarah and Jaime
- Steph and Skyler
- T Jay and Jordan
- Tyler and Angie
- Tyler and Kellie




7 comments:
What a cute idea.. i love that Christmas countdown!!
Ok that is the cutest idea! I will be heading to target today! Hope you don't mind :) And your tree it is beautiful! I LOVE IT! We hope you guys have a great Christmas!!
So fun. I will have to keep that one in mind. I have also seen it done with small Christmas bags hooked to a ribbon.
Man, you have the best ideas. And your tree is absolutely incredible!!!
k, I wasn't in the Christmas mood until I saw those cute socks and your Christmas tree! I love it!
So cute! I LOVE your decorations and your advent! I'll have to try that next year. I'm done being creative and crafty this year!
WAY WAY WAY cute!!! Had to leave a comment.
We met at the photography workshop - remember me? I try to stop by your blog now and again.
I think my daughter would adore this idea. Thanks for sharing.