Sunday, December 28, 2008

So I have a few Christmas posts that I want to remember… You can skip them if you want ;), but I want to remember all of our family traditions that we do!  I forgot my camera, so I had to borrow camera’s to take pictures, and then I stole the pictures off all of their sites, thanks everyone!

Every year, Dax’s cute Uncle and Aunt always give the kids a Christmas shirt to wear, and have a white elephant Christmas party (it’s my favorite)!  Santa comes, and the kids love it!  Well, except one kid… 

an1018346879_227080_7610 n1018346879_227081_7896f  

Santa’s face is PRICELESS!!!

n1018346879_227082_8168 the aftermath of the TRAUMA of Santa!

n1018346879_227083_8453

HMMM… Well maybe he can get used to him for a little sugar bribery!

n1018346879_227092_1095

n1018346879_227095_2037

And then here is my little Navie who is WAY too smart, and just turned 4 might I add.  She didn’t have a ton to say to Santa, she get’s a little shy.  Until a couple of days later…  We are driving in the car going to the mall and she asks me if we are going to the mall with one level or two (yes, she spends way to much time shopping).  I tell her two, and then she asks if we can stop to see Santa.  I tell her yes, and our conversation goes like this…

Navie: “Mom, I don’t think I want to see Santa, he is way scary.” 

Mom: “No, he is not.  He is a jolly old man that brings you a ton of toys.”

Navie: “ Yeah, but he doesn’t have a real beard.  He’s just a plain old guy wearing Santa clothes.”

Mom:  “UMMM… UMMM…. UMMM… Who told you that?”

Navie: “Nobody, MOM I CAN SEE THAT HE DOESN’T HAVE A REAL BEARD, AND THAT HE’S JUST A PLAIN OLD GUY.  The only real Santa is the one that goes comes to Rick and Lorrie’s party, I saw his beard!”

So I then explain to her about Santa’s helpers, and how they have to help Santa see all the boys and the girls in the world.  She believes me, and thinks it’s a great idea to have helpers, but she really only wants to see Santa at the party!  So thanks guys for bringing the REAL Santa every year!

008edit

2 comments:

Jennifer and Jameson said...

That is way funny. Those pics ARE priceless! My Jaxon sounds like Navie-I swear he'll have the whole thing figured out by next year. Don't you feel guilty sometimes lying to them?? I do. Your kids are so cute.

Jenny said...

So cute! He is the "most real" Santa I have ever seen! I miss those little kiddos faces. So fun!

About Me

{email me}

kami_nels [at] hotmail [dot] com

{dax & kami}

{dax & kami}

...{me}...

...{me}...
Hey! I am a mommy of two little ones, Navie (4), and Ridge(1). I have a great hubby, Dax, who works hard at a local software company. I do a little of this, and a lot of that. I work as a computer consultant a couple mornings a week, take a picture or two in my spare time, and make anything that I can! Life is good!

...{a few scrapbook pages}...

{my latest pictures} click the pic

{my latest pictures} click the pic
http://kaminelson.blogspot.com