Tuesday, February 10, 2009

House Pics 031

 

So I have this horrible habit of always wanting to redecorate my house.  I am not sure why, but I get bored with the same ol and want something a little different!  I have a bunch of little makeovers that I have never posted.  Here is the latest one.  I got the idea on the spur of the moment, and decided to paint my entertainment center last week while Dax was in Vegas for work.  He knew about the project, and resisted till the end.  But my persistence paid off, and he finally gave it!  It’s not that I didn’t like the color of it before, I just think it blended with my walls just a little bit too much!

Hmmm what color to paint it? 

First try…

Mitzi and I picked out a cute little paint swatch thinking that we scored…

 

home-depot-logo

No, I didn’t just buy the paint at home depot, but I think we bought the exact same paint that they used to paint the home depot sign!  When they handed me the can of paint I told her it wasn’t as dark as the swatch, and she told me it needed to dry.  So I got home put a coat of primer on it, and then did a few coats on one side of the entertainment center, let it dry.  Nope, pretty sure the “home depot bright orange” dried just as I had imagined it, “home depot bright orange”.  Just a tad darker then deer hunter orange.  Trust me, it was as bad as you can imagine!

 

So the next day (the day Dax was to get home) I take the paint back and they tell me all they can do it tint it darker.  So, I got a little of this…

images

“Bone suckin mustard brown”.  Trust me, this one was almost worse than the first one!

So I called my fellow redecorator, my neighbor, and she saved the day with a can of burnt red paint, we did a little mixing and…. 

002

 

Walah, a fresh new look.  It’s a tiny tiny bit more orange than the picture, and I love it!  It matches my poppy picture that is hanging on the opposite wall perfect. 

A5309_CAT~Poppy-Overture-Posters

It wasn’t quite finished when Dax got home, but at least he didn’t have to see the oop’s.  Yep, so the only problem is that now I need to paint the little red box on the side.  I am thinking dark brown…  just what I need, another project!

8 comments:

Chelle said...

Looks great!!! The Santa Fe style it was before was good too, we had that style for a while, but I love the orange a whole lot better!! It totally pops! Love it!

Jenny said...

I love it! I was hoping to see it pink like Navie told me it was. :) You have a talent! Come on over to my house and help me!

Erin said...

LOVE IT!!!

Chelle said...

Did you paint the inside too or just leave it with the original finish

Unknown said...

I love it!!! Next time you get the urge to paint or redecorate head to my house. I have the desire just not the go to.

Darcie said...

It looks so good! I love that color.

The Lower Family said...

Kam, I love it! I am so glad that it all turned out ok!

Lynsie said...

I love the after so much better. Just my taste I guess. After seeing how easy it was, I might paint something someday, besides a wall.

About Me

{email me}

kami_nels [at] hotmail [dot] com

{dax & kami}

{dax & kami}

...{me}...

...{me}...
Hey! I am a mommy of two little ones, Navie (4), and Ridge(1). I have a great hubby, Dax, who works hard at a local software company. I do a little of this, and a lot of that. I work as a computer consultant a couple mornings a week, take a picture or two in my spare time, and make anything that I can! Life is good!

...{a few scrapbook pages}...

{my latest pictures} click the pic

{my latest pictures} click the pic
http://kaminelson.blogspot.com