Our sweet baby Hawkins has been here a week and a half and I honestly can’t believe it! He came so easy, and has been such an easy baby so far. I can’t help but want to just lay around and snuggle him all day. I know the fussy time is yet to come, but we have just been loving on him so far!
I knew I didn’t want a Thanksgiving baby, so on Thursday, November 18th I got started. They hooked me up to the pitocin a little bit before 9:00, and me and Dax just hung out waiting for the fun to begin. The kids went to McDonalds for breakfast with my dad, and then to aunt Mitzi’s house to wait for their new baby brother to come! They decided to have lunch at the hospital, and came to see me around 11:30. Ridge was worried about me and wanted to know all about my IV. I was only dilated to a 5, so I told Dax to head to the cafeteria to have lunch with the kids. About 5 min after he had left my nurse checked me and I was a 6+. The babies heart rate immediately started to drop from 135 to 60 with every contraction. She was a concerned so she texted the doctor. I had told her fast I dilated when I had Ridge, so she decided to stick around to check me again. Fifteen minutes later, she checked me again and I was at a 9, which explains why the babies heart rate was dropping. I called Dax and told him he better hurry up stairs. He had barely made it to the cafeteria and got his hamburger. He hadn’t even had a bite before I called!
Dr. Bierer showed up at 12:20, I started pushing at 12:22 and our sweet baby boy was born at 12:24! At one point while pushing I just started laughing because it was happening so fast and easy. When they laid him on my chest, it was so surreal. I couldn’t believe my little boy had finally made it. He was healthy and really just perfect! There is nothing that can ever compare to the first time you hold your sweet new baby in your arms!
He weighed 7 lbs 4oz and was 20 1/2 in long. Navie and Ridge were waiting right outside waiting to meet their new brother. Ridge immediately ran up to his little brother and had a million questions about him. It was so cute to see how excited he was to see him. He quickly lost interest and it was Navie’s turn to see him. She honestly wanted to hold him all day.
A few months before we had the baby, Ridge and I had found a big brother shirt while we were shopping. I asked him if he was going to have a big brother shirt when we had his brother and he said yes. Months go by and I don’t think a thing about it. The day before we had him, Ridge asked me where his big brother shirt was… UM, well I didn’t have one for him. So, I ran to Walmart and bought a shirt and an iron on photo paper, and whipped them up in photoshop. The kids loved making their own shirt, and I think they turned out okay considering it was 7:00 the night before we had the baby. They say Big Brother’s Rock, and Big Sister’s Rock. I just couldn’t believe that he had remembered that from so long ago! Of course he insisted on wearing it two days in a row, but how can you say no when he wants to wear his big brother shirt!
Contrary to what the pictures look like, I felt great. Honestly, I didn’t feel like I just had a baby, maybe a hard day shopping, but not like I gave birth. The nurses kept asking me if I went natural because I was doing so well. I can definitely tell you that I am so thankful that I had another easy labor with no complications for either of us. Having a baby is one of the funnest, neatest experiences I have ever had, and makes me so thankful to be a mom!
About Me
{my picture blog}
{email me}
{dax & kami}
...{me}...
Hey! I am a mommy of two little ones, Navie (4), and Ridge(1). I have a great hubby, Dax, who works hard at a local software company. I do a little of this, and a lot of that. I work as a computer consultant a couple mornings a week, take a picture or two in my spare time, and make anything that I can! Life is good!
{my friends}
- Adam and Kristyn
- Beau and Laci
- Brandon and Kara
- Brett and Diana
- Brian and Lisa
- Brittney and Reggie
- Darcie and Mont
- Derek and Erin
- Heidi and Randy
- Heidi and Randy
- Jacee and Rick
- Jenn and Jameson
- Jenny and Jeff
- Joey and Michelle
- Kara and Cory
- Kenny and Melissa
- Krishell and Nick
- Luke and Jill
- Lynsie & Alan
- Mitzi and Chris
- Morgan
- My Photo Blog
- Nick and Krishel
- Phil and Paige
- Ryan and Jamie
- Ryan and Jen
- Sarah and Jaime
- Steph and Skyler
- T Jay and Jordan
- Tyler and Angie
- Tyler and Kellie




4 comments:
oh Kami, this post makes me want to cry! Im so happy it went so well! Hawkins is an adorable name! and he is so sweet! i love how happy dr. Bierer looks! ha. Congrats girl you looked amazing the whole time!
Oh Kami...tears keep coming to my eyes. What a special day and your growing family is just so adorable. I am so grateful everything went smoothly and like you said you've got another healthy baby! Can't believe how easy it was for you...better have 6 more :) Love ya and can't wait to me Hawkins.
Oh he is so perfect!! I am in awe of your birth story, tell me that this baby will come just like yours okay? :) You look adorable and Hawkins is just so stinkin' cute! Congrats girl, can't wait to meet him!
Kami how great that the labor was so fast and easy! Baby Hawkins is adorable, as are big sister and brother...
Congratulations on another cute addition to the family!